It’s the first radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB’s has started off the year remaining as the top station in Survey 1 across P10+ M-F BMAD, with a +5% increase SOS. KIIS 1065 further consolidated their #2 position, despite the -14% decrease SOS.
- KIIS 1065 have lost their #1 position for both Breakfast and Drive P25-54. The biggest SOS decrease was seen in Drive with Will & Woody, with -29%.
- NOVA 96.9 still remains the #1 Drive show for P16-39, despite the 18% drop SOS. 104.9 TRIPLE M, however saw a significant decline of 27% in Breakfast.
- With Grant Denyer & Ed Kavalee joining Em Rusciano, 2DayFM has seen a massive 60% and 57% SOS audience growth of against P16-39 and P25-54 respectively.
- HIT 101.9 have dominated across all the key dayparts (breakfast and drive) against our recorded demographics. This excludes Total People against Breakfast where 3AW continues to lead.
- With Hughesy and Kate departing KIIS FM for the HIT network, it has seen HIT continue to dominate drive, despite Hamish and Andy leaving live radio late last year.
- Whilst NOVA has declined -9% SOS and -3% YOY, they still feature heavily in the top 3 spots for Breakast and Drive (TTPL).
- Mick Molloy on TRIPLE M has helped see the steady increase in ratings SOS in Drive of 31% (TTPL).
- After winning seven surveys in a row in 2017, NOVA breakfast has seen a drop across all demos at the start of 2018, allowing HIT105 to take out the number one breakfast spot across the board.
- HIT105 have scored themselves another win, knocking NOVA off number one for Drive P16-39.
- SCA have continued to do well in P16-39, with TRIPLE M Drive up +35% SOS – still not enough to take on HIT and NOVA however.
- Survey #1 is the first since SCA shook things up with Hughsey & Kate on HIT105 Drive, Mick Molloy & Jane Kennedy on TRIPLE M Drive and TRIPLE Ms new breakfast show without Ed Kavalee – replaced by Lawrence “Moonman” Mooney.
- Jodie and Mark‘s MIX 102.3 breakfast show has out performed The FIVEaa for the breakfast timeslot across TTPL. MIX 102.3 has seen an outstanding increase of 30% across TTPL for the breakfast daypart.
- The spike across breakfast is attributed to Adelaide radio listeners getting behind Jodie and Mark on MIX 102.3 with their wonderful campaign to bring joy to a young cancer sufferer with the ‘Make Alex’s Day’ campaign.
- Top spots for demos/day parts has changed from Survey 8 where NOVA was king. MIX102.3 has now taken the top spot for both Drive and Breakfast for TTPL and P25-54
- With Mick Molloy coming into the drive segment timeslot, TRIPLE M now resides in the top 3 in the key demos.
- HIT 92.9 Heidi’s new Breakfast co hosts Xavier and Ryan seem to be resonating well with audiences, maybe stronger than previous hosts Will and Woody. The station Breakfast timeslot is up +8% SOS and +18% YOY.
- Nova 93.7 remained strong across all key buying demographics in the Drive daypart coming in #1 despite pressures from MIX 94.5 and HIT 92.9. It seems long running hosts Kate, Tim and Marty continue to hold popularity with audiences as the Drive daypart has seen growth of +13% against TTPL, +24% against P16-39 and +22% against P25-54 YOY.