It’s the third radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB dominated TTPL retaining their place as #1 Breakfast show and taking the top Drive spot.
- Kyle & Jackie O still reign favourite amongst younger demos and are up +5% SOS against TTPL.
- Jonesy & Amanda make up for WSFM audience drops in Survey 2, while Triple M’s Kennedy & Molloy slip into third place during Drive against P25-54.
- Coles DAB wins #1 Breakfast against TTLPL with a +99% SOS.
- Despite having top Breakfast and Drive Ratings for P10+ 3AW has seen declines again across the younger demographic SOS. P16-39 saw -7% and P25-54 saw -12%.
- Gold 104.3 FM Drive host change Gavin Miller knocked HIT 101’s Hughesy and Kate to second place on P10+.
- HIT 101 took top station across Breakfast and Drive dayparts for both P16-39 and P25-54.
- Overall there was minimal growth across the Brisbane stations this survey, Macquarie Sport and 4KQ the only stations seeing growth for P25-54 survey & 4KQ the only station seeing growth in P16-39; however both of low bases.
- The Villaworld promotion saw consistency for HIT105. Nova has lost breakfast share for P16-39 & 25-54, we expect this decline to continue as they run the same tactics into the next month – ‘Bounce’ and ‘Smarter Than Suse’.
- 5AA Talking Adelaide now holds the number 1 spot for Breakfast Total People and has seen +5% growth SOS.
- NOVA 91.9 holds number 1 spot for Drive time slot for the 3rd survey in a row across P10+, P16-39 and P25-54 despite audience declines SOS.
- 5AA saw the largest SOS audience increase across P10+ at +7%.
- MIX 102.3 has highest average audience across M-F BMAD against P10+ for the 3rd survey in a row.
- NOVA’s 93.7 reigns supreme taking back the top spot in Breakfast and Drive slots across all key demographics.
- 6PR saw the biggest growth SOS, +33% in BMAD P25-54, demonstrating the surge in talk radio due to the recent federal election.
- Mix 94.5 has seen the biggest declines with The Big Breakfast with Clairsy, Matt & Kymba down -16% amongst TTPL.
- ABC Perth maintains its’ #1 spot in AM Breakfast, also taking an 11.1% share overall in this timeslot.