It’s the fourth radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- Breakfast rankings for TTLPL remains unchanged in Survey 4, despite overall TTPL listeners down -5% SOS across breakfast.
- 2GB remains the TTLPL favorite, securing #1 across Breakfast & Drive.
- NOVA 96.9 & Triple M enjoy a ratings uplift overall across P16-39 & P25-54 driven by the Drive session.
- Edge DAB replaces Coles DAB in the #1 Breakfast slot amongst TTPL, seeing an +10% increase SOS.
- SOS HIT 101.9 again has won Breakfast and Drive Dayparts for P16-39 and P25-54.
- Despite having top Breakfast and Drive Ratings for P10+ 3AW has again seen declines across the younger demographic SOS. P16-39 -28% and P25-54 -9%.
- Across Mon-Fri BMAD Dayparts HIT 101.9 has the highest audience for 4 surveys in 2019 for P16-39 and P25-54. Highlighting the younger skew in audience for this station.
- NOVA has dominated all demographics and time slots except for P25-54 Breakfast, where TRIPLE M reigns supreme yet again. However NOVA has stolen the P16-39 Breakfast timeslot from HIT105’s Stav, Abby & Matt.
- HIT105 has started to decline across both P16-39 & P25-54 coming off the back of their successful Survey 3. P10+ has seen a -12% decrease SOS for HIT105 and is the only station in negative growth SOS.
- 4KQ has seen the biggest growth SOS, +13% TTL PPL.
- NOVA wins Drive Daypart for Survey 4 across key demographics (P10+, P16-39 and P25-54)
- This is the 4th survey in a row for 2019 that NOVA has won Drive Daypart across key demographics (P10+, P16-39 and P25-54)
- 5AA wins Breakfast Daypart for the 4th survey for 2019, beating MIX 102.3 by 23%
- Across all 3 demographics there has been no change to Top 3 Stations in Breakfast and Drive Daypart for SOS.
- NOVA’s 93.7 reigns supreme holding onto the top spot in both the Breakfast and Drive timeslots across all key demographics for the 2nd survey in a row. The station has reported strong audience growth, up 11% in breakfast and 10% in Drive for TTPL.
- 6PR saw the biggest growth SOS, +62% in Breakfast for P25-54, demonstrating a surge in talk radio following the federal election.
- Mix 94.5 has failed to recover from the audience loss seen following survey 3, and is still showing large declines with The Big Breakfast with Clairsy, Matt & Kymba down -37% amongst P25-54.