OMD and M2M swept the APMA Awards last night taking home five awards including the Gold Award for Best Use of Small Budget for their work for Frucor V Energy, Take me to the Future Music Festival campaign. The awards celebrate the finest promotional and experiential marketing work from Australia and New Zealand, with OMD being one of only four agencies making it through to finals.
The full list of wins include:
- GOLD WINNER, Best Small Budget Campaign, V Energy Future Music Festival
- SILVER WINNER, Best Use of Social Marketing in a Campaign, TAB Twitter Cup
- BRONZE WINNER, Best Use of Social Marketing in a Campaign, V Energy Future Music Festival
- BRONZE WINNER, Best Sponsorship or Tie-in Campaign, V Energy Future Music Festival
- BRONZE WINNER, Best Brand Building Campaign, Jacob’s Creek – Australia’s Longest Reserve Table
Finalists were assessed on strategic relevance, originality, creative execution and effectiveness, APMA Chair David Lo said: “It’s fantastic to see some of our new entrants progressing straight through to the finals. There is a lot of diversity in terms of discipline in the finalists list this year, bringing fresh thinking and new approaches to experiential marketing solutions.”
This tops a great first half of the year for OMD Australia who has already received recognition at the Cannes Lion 2014 Awards, The Asian Marketing Effectiveness & Strategy 2014 Awards and The Global Festival of Media 2014 Awards.