It’s the seventh radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB’s was once again the top station in Survey 7 across P10+ M-F BMAD, despite a 8% decrease SOS. KIIS 1065 have emerged as the #2 station, with an 4% increase SOS.
- KIIS 106.5 with Kyle and Jackie O was yet again the #1 station in Survey 7 for Breakfast across P16-39 & P25-54. Across both demos, the position for #2 station remains tightly contested.
- Nova 96.9’s drive show with Kate, Tim and Marty is the #1 show across P16-39 and P25-54, with SOS increases of 15% and 12% respectively.
- HIT’s 101.9 FM breakfast show Fifi, Fev & Byron have overtaken 3AW as football came to a close coming in as the most popular Melbourne commercial breakfast radio station against TTPL – remaining steady SOS and up +9% YOY.
- 3AW continue to hold the #1 spot against TTPL in the drive battle despite declining -10% SOS and -8% YOY. 101.9 FM continues to hold second place remaining steady
- 101.9 FM again took out the #1 spot in the drive time slot against P25-54 slightly increasing by +4% SOS. GOLD 104.3 FM has come in at 2nd place increasing +41% SOS and +62% YOY against P25-54.
- NOVA has dominated all demo’s in both Breakfast and Drive. They have seen huge growth up SOS in breakfast +12% for TTPL and +20% for P25-54.
- During this survey period NOVA ran the successful Rock Pool Party competition in partnership with Diamonds International giving listeners the chance to dive for $20,000 worth of diamonds.
- The only change was seen in P25-54 where HIT105 has taken TripleM’s place in both Breakfast and Drive and 97.3FM has jumped into the top 3 of Drive.
- The market has still not entirely settled since Robin Bailey leaving 97.3FM and going to TripleM. Now it has just been announced Ed Kavalee won’t be returning to TripleM Breakfast, which could lead to another year of volatility.
- The FIVEaa Breakfast Show with David Penberthy and Will Goodings delivered 26 share points (up +2% SOS), allowing the duo to hold their title as #1 Breakfast Show title against P10+ for the ninth consecutive survey.
- Top spots for demos/day parts were held onto from Survey 6 winners, apart from HIT107 knocking NOVA 91.9 to second place in Breakfast and Drive against P16-39.
- Mix102.3’s recent slide in the Adelaide radio ratings (TTPL) continued with a 0.4 percentage point fall to 21.98 overall audience share.
- The fall, the third in a row for the station, still saw it beat NOVA91.9.
- NOVA continue to dominate the Breakfast time slot across all 2017 Surveys against the key demographics, P25-54 and P16-39 with average audiences remaining strong.
- Despite NOVA winning against all key demographics in Breakfast and Drive timeslots, MIX 94.5 pulled in the highest average audience against P10+ in BMAD up +6% SOS.
- Hamish and Andy’s Drive show may no longer be resonating with audiences as we continue to see a decline in average audiences with Survey 7 down -21% against P10+ in BMAD. With Hughsey and Kate set to replace this iconic duo in 2018 as the new drive talents, we predict a slight audience uplift for HIT 92.9 next year.