It’s the eighth radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB’s was once again the top station in Survey 8 across P10+ M-F BMAD, despite a 6% decrease SOS. KIIS 1065 further consolidated #2 position, with a 3% audience increase SOS.
- KIIS 106.5 with Kyle and Jackie O was yet again the #1 station in Survey 8 for Breakfast across P16-39 & P25-54. Across both demos, the position for #2 station remains tightly contested. We expect NOVA 96.9 to further consolidate this position against P16-39, and TRIPLE M against P25-54 in 2018.
- Nova 96.9’s drive show with Kate, Tim and Marty is the #1 show across P16-39. Although Hughsey & Kate will be moving in 2018 from KIIS 1065 to 2DAY FM, KIIS 106.5 finished the year as the #1 drive show across P25-54, with a massive +12% increase SOS.
- 3AW no longer hold the #1 spot against TTPL in the Drive battle with a decrease of -6% SOS. HIT FM took out the #1 position with a +6% SOS increase.
- 3AW continues to remain Breakfast king for survey #8, with only a minor decline seen of -1% SOS. NOVA’s Breakfast with Chrissy, Sam and Browny came in second, however had the biggest SOS increase of +15% and the biggest YOY increase of +27%.
- Survey #8 brings the end of KIIS’s star duo’s Matt and Meshel in the morning, the audiences had been struggling for the pair and will be replaced by New Zealand duo Polly ‘PJ’ Harding and Jase Hawkins in 2018.
- NOVA remains untouchable in Breakfast across all demos as they have all year. Ash, Kip and Luttsy have won seven surveys in a row – clearly impressing the Brisbane audience all year.
- HIT105 have scored themselves a great win, knocking NOVA off number one for Drive P16-39. HIT105 had +16% growth SOS, while NOVA dropped -11% SOS.
- TripleM have had a good survey, nudging 97.3FM out of Breakfast and Drive top 3 for all demographics excluding TTPL Drive.
- During this survey ARNs 4KQ kicked off their much loved Christmas lights competition and saw huge growth across all demos and day parts.
- The FIVEaa Breakfast Show continued to strengthen and finished on top with impressive increases of 21% SOS and 17% YOY against TTPL.
- Top spots for demos/day parts shuffled a little from Survey 7, with NOVA 91.9 taking #1 across all demo’s within Drive. Largest increase of +28% across P16-39 and 27% P25-54.
- Despite HIT’s audience growth across all key demo’s within Breakfast SOS (up +15% P16-39); overall the stations declines across TTPL and P25-54 Drive have contributed to BMAD audiences being down YOY.
- MIX continues to represent in Drive, maintaining #3 across P16-39 and P25-54, however with an increase of +17% have jumped to TTPL’s #2 station.
- This will be the last survey with Kate and Hughesy in the Drive timeslot for 96Fm before their newest line-up of Will and Woody takeover in the new year moving over from SCA. We expect audiences to remain somewhat flat with the fresh & younger skewed change.
- Over on Hit92.9 Heidi will remain to host the Breakfast timeslot with her co-hosts still yet to be announced for the new year.
- To cap off the year, NOVA dominated the Breakfast and Drive timeslot against all key buying demographics with the exception of the P25-54 Drive timeslot against which is down -6% SO