It’s the fourth radio survey for the year, and our OMD Radio Survey Dream Team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB remains the top station in Survey 4 across TTPL M-F BMAD. The position was further consolidated with a +12% increase SOS.
- 2DayFM saw a significant drop in numbers for TTPL M-F with an overall -13% drop SOS. NOVA however, has seen slight increases across all demos SOS with the biggest increase of +14% in P16-39.
- Across Digital Radio, The Edge is still the preferred station for TTPL with a +22% increase SOS with TripleM Classic Rock in #2 position.
- DAB+ results saw P16-39 prefer TripleM Classic Rock, while P25-54’s #1 station was The Edge which saw a significant +49% increase.
- Year to date, HIT101.9 has dominated the key dayparts (breakfast and drive) against P25-54 and P16-39, a consistent result highlighting the success found with talent shifts. Looking at the broader TTPL demo, 3AW continues to lead breakfast.
- The introduction of Christian O’Connell to Gold 104.3 breakfast saw the daypart grow +13% SOS against TTPL.
- NOVA100 had strong SOS increases across the demos, up +13% against P25-54, +4% against TTPL and +12% against P16-39 in BMAD M-F.
- Throwbacks were the key themes across Digital Radio with TripleM Classic Rock DAB+ taking the top spot against TTPL (up +36% SOS), followed by The 80’S DAB+ up by +60% SOS.
- Going from strength to strength, NOVA 106.9 has once again dominated key dayparts proving they still have winning teams with Ash, Kipp & Luttsy for Breakfast and Kate, Tim and Marty for Drive.
- This survey saw the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry to Megan Markle, NOVA’s involvement with the wedding (sending the Drive team over to London to cover the wedding) was a huge success.
- Macquarie Sport 882 has continued it’s significant growth SOS with major growth in P25-54 of +190% (off a low base) for new Breakfast program – Breakfast with John Stanley & Beau Ryan.
- Coles Radio was the DAB+ station of choice for M-F BMAD TTPL, however was still down -29% SOS. Coles Radio also took out P16-39 but P25-54 were listening to MMM Classic Rock.
- NOVA 91.9 continued to find success in Drive against P25-54 and P16-39 with audiences tuning in to Kate, Tim and Marty for the ride home.
- Survey #4 TTPL results saw SOS increases across all networks aside from CRUISE1323 who stayed level, and TripleM who saw a drop of -13% in BMAD. MIX102.3 had the strongest results for the period, however with only a +3% increase SOS.
- DAB+ results against TTPL saw that listeners were tuning into The 80’S DAB+ and Smooth DAB+ with both channels doubling their growth SOS.
- The 80’s DAB+ also came out on top for P25-54 with The 90’s DAB+ prevailing as the top digital radio station for P16-39.
- Perth’s two front-running FM radio stations have switched places with Nova coming out on top of the ratings battle across M-F BMAD for all major buying demos for the first time in the stations 14 year history. The most significant increase is seen for P16-39 up +32.4% SOS.
- Perth local station 6PR saw growth in Drive both SOS & YOY for P25-54, P16-39 & TTPL. The positive growth SOS and YOY has predominately been driven by their show Perth Live with Oliver Peterson.
- Will & Woody’s departure as breakfast hosts on Hit 92.9 has left a hole for SCA to fill whilst ARN are reaping the benefit. 96FM’s Drive duo has seen uplift of 50% YOY against P16-39, the direct result of the comedic pair’s loyal following.