It’s the sixth radio survey for the year and our OMD Radio Survey dream team have put together the following summary:
- Alan Jones still a clear TTLPL Breakfast favourite, with only a -4% SOS decline.
- KIIS 1065 launches into this survey with a +16% YOY uplift against TTLPL in Mon-Fri BMAD, largely due to Will & Woody listeners who have become the leading Drive duo across all key demos.
- 2Day FM reports biggest station growth of +7% SOS, whilst WSFM is back -5%.
- Edge DAB+ Breakfast saw a strong Survey 6, with the biggest increase of +77% SOS across P25-54.
- Gold 104.3 has seen +31% and +30% uplift SOS against P10+ and P25-54 respectively as Gavin Miller’s Gold drive show took number 1 spot.
- 3AW has again won Breakfast Ratings for P10+. 3AW is continuing to see declines of -11% across P16-39 SOS. However, 3AW had a +1% uplift against P25-54 SOS.
- Across Mon-Fri BMAD Dayparts HIT 101.9 has the highest audience for 6 surveys in 2019 for P16-39 and P25-54. Highlighting the younger skew in audience for this station.
- Nova continues to dominate the Brisbane market with highest average audience across P10+, P16-39, and P25-54 for Breakfast and Drive shows.
- HIT105 saw an increase in audience numbers with P10+ BMAD, seeing a +19% increase in average audience from Survey 5.
- Macquarie Radio continues to see a steady increase in audience numbers across all survey periods with a 4.37x increase on audience numbers year on year (although off a low base).
- This is the 6th survey in a row for 2019 that NOVA has won Drive Daypart across key demographics (P10+, P16-39 and P25-54).
- HIT 107 saw a +42% increase SOS for P25 -54 in Breakfast and 48% increase YOY. Despite this they were unable to take the top ranking spot from MIX 102.3.
- HIT 107 also saw a dramatic increase in the drive category for P25-54 with a +45% jump SOS. They are now ranked second in this category but were unable to knock NOVA 91.9 off top spot, showing Kate, Tim & Marty’s dominance for all demographics in Drive.
- NOVA’s 93.7 has continued to be Perth’s station of choice SOS, dominating against all key buying demos across Breakfast and Drive. The Nathan, Nat & Shaun Breakfast show continues to resonate with Perth listeners, remaining flay YoY against TTPL and +5% YoY against P25-54
- HIT 92.9 has taken a hit SOS with audiences moving away from Breakfast and into Drive against P25-54, despite seeing a +6% uplift respectively. MIX 94.9 saw a decline of -12% SOS in Drive which saw HIT 92.9 take its place in the Top 3.