It’s the seventh radio survey for the year and our OMD Radio Survey dream team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB bounces back from Survey 6 declines. Across TTLPL, Ben Fordham now leads Drive, up +12% SOS, while Alan Jones retaining #1 in Breakfast.
- Despite failing to make the TTLPL Top 3, Smooth 95.3 saw a +8% average audience uplift SOS, second only to Triple M that was up +12% SOS.
- KIIS 1065’s Kyle & Jackie O remain P1639 & P2554 Breakfast favorites, but Drive’s Will & Woody take a backseat at #2 across TTLPL & P1639.
- Across Mon-Fri BMAD, Edge DAB+ remains the #1 DAB network against TTPL, despite being back -8% since last survey.
- With 3AW once again retaining top spot for Breakfast TTPL it has now also taken top spot for Drive with a 9% increase SOS and 19% increase YOY.
- Gold FM’s popularity continues to grow in the P25-54 category. They retained top spot for Drive despite declining by -7% SOS and have now achieved top spot for Breakfast with a 12% increase SOS.
- Positioning for P16-39 remains the same SOS for both Drive and Breakfast with almost all major stations seeing a decline SOS in both categories. This is excluding KIIS 101.1 and NOVA 100 in Drive who saw +8% and +21% increases respectively.
- HIT105 has maintained strong audience numbers amongst Total PPL and P16-39, coming out on top in the Breakfast time slot in Survey 7 after both Nova & Triple M lost audience in both demographics.
- Nova has continued to deliver strong market share, especially across Drive time, with the highest average audience across Total PPL, P16-39 and P25-54.
- Macquarie Radio’s steady increase from Survey 6, 2018 has ground to a halt in Survey 7 with a 47% decrease in Total PPL, driven strongly by young audiences.
- This is the 7th survey in a row for 2019 that NOVA has won Drive Daypart across key demographics (P10+, P16-39 and P25-54). On top of this, they now hold the number one spot for Breakfast in every key category except TTPL which is still held by 5AA.
- P25-54 Breakfast saw the biggest change SOS with MIX 102.3 declining 21% and falling out of the top three.
- NOVA 91.9 saw a dramatic 30% increase SOS in Drive P25-54 with 5MMM also seeing a 16% increase and retaining third position.
- NOVA 93.7 continues to be the station of choice in both Breakfast and Drive in Perth. Despite this, the station has seen audience declines for both P16-39 and P25-54,with each demo reporting -10% and -3% SOS declines, respectively.
- Although Mix 94.5’s The Big Breakfast with Clairsy, Matt & Kymba is in the #2 spot for Breakfast for P25-54, it continues to see huge growth in audiences, with a SOS uplift of +36%.
- Smooth is the dominant DAB+ station and audiences remain flat from Survey #6 for P16-39 and P25-54.