It’s the eight radio survey for the year and our OMD Radio Survey dream team have put together the following summary:
- 2GB’s Alan Jones retains his crown as leading TTLPL Breakfast show, however on Drive, Ben Fordham’s absence in the final survey pushes the network out of the Top 3 in all demos.
- Kyle & Jackie O follow as #2 Breakfast Show across TTLPL, and with a SOS uplift in Drive Will & Woody close off a successful 2019 for KIIS1065.
- Nova’s P16-39 & P25-54 Fitzy & Wippa listeners remain strong to hold their #2 spot, however Drive’s Kate, Tim & Marty lost their place as P16-39 favourite.
- Overall, 2GB closed out 2019 as the lead network for TTLPL M-F BMAD.
- 3AW retains top spot for Breakfast and Drive against TTPL.. 3AW’s audience has remained steady with a -3% decrease SOS in Breakfast.
- Gold FM’s holds onto the top spot in Drive and Breakfast in the P25-54 category. Despite declining SOS by -14% and 16% in Breakfast and Drive respectively. Nova saw a 14% increase in P25-54 audience in Drive. Nova is in close second may take the top spot for P25-54 in Drive if this trend continues.
- Nova took top spot for P16-39 in Breakfast. HIT 101.9 saw a -21% decrease, Nova 100 and Triple M saw a +4% and +42% increase respectively against P16-39 SOS.
- 97.3FM came out on top amongst Total PPL in the Breakfast time slot in Survey 8 with a +13% increase YOY and +14% increase SOS. Triple M decreased -10% in Drive for Total PPL in Survey 8, bringing 97.3FM into 3rd place and +8% increase YOY.
- Nova has continued to deliver strong market share, with the highest average audience across Total PPL and P25-54 in Drive. While Triple M took out their first place in Breakfast (P25-54), Nova has increased their audience +1% YOY.
- Hit105 took first place from Nova in Drive for P16-39 despite a decrease of -4% from Survey 7.
- This is the 8th survey in a row for 2019 that NOVA has won the Drive Daypart across key demographics (P10+, P16-39 and P25-54). On top of this, they once again hold the number one spot for Breakfast in every key category for the 2nd survey in a row, except TTPL which is still held by 5AA.
- P25-54 saw the only changes SOS with HIT 107 declining -14% in Breakfast and falling to third place with 5MMM claiming second, despite an -8% decrease SOS,
- Drive saw HIT decline -15% SOS and giving up second place to MIX which saw a +22% increase SOS.
- NOVA 93.7 will celebrate their win for the last Radio Survey of the year, coming out as #1 Radio Station for all key buying demos across Breakfast and Drive. Nova’s talent from Breakfast to Evening has proven to be a winning formula for the station, with no reported changes to its talent in the new year.
- 96FM has made surprise headway in Breakfast radio for Survey #8, coming in third against TTPL and P16-39 and coming in second for P25-54. Against TTPL, 96FM is up +15% SoS and a hard hitting +30% YoY, with P25-54 seeing similar results up +19% SoS and up +22% YoY.