Our July edition of the latest news, trends and innovations happening in the world of Off-Screen media.
Huawei and JCDecaux Capture the Ultimate Selfie
Huawei has partnered with JCDecaux to launch their new 4G Smartphone, the Huawei Ascend G6, to show that nothing gets in the way of a good selfie.
Featuring a custom-built JCDecaux Innovate panel with a 46” portrait touch screen, the campaign gives passers-by the opportunity to see and interact with the phone’s 5MP selfie camera. Coinciding with the launch of the new Transformers film, the participants are prompted to pose for the camera then see their photo transformed against a back drop from the new film. After entering their details, their selfie is displayed on the rotating panel, and the most creative selfies have the chance to win a trip for 2 to Beijing and Shanghai!
This campaign highlights a great example of JCDecaux Innovate, by playing up the selfie trend to provide a fun and engaging experience for users – because who doesn’t love a good selfie? The campaign is live until 7th July 2014.
Telstra Brings You Closer To 1D!
To celebrate One Directions’ upcoming ‘On The Road Again’ tour down under, Telstra Thanks have teamed up with Nova Entertainment to roll out a hashtag-driven campaign to win tickets to see 1D live in Australia, or even better give five lucky fans the once in a lifetime experience of meeting the band in Miami!!
The competition – create an amazing One direction poster, pic or film yourself holding your 1D sign and upload it to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #pickme1d
Nova drove entries by getting the breakfast teams to upload their own creative 1D signs on Twitter & Instagram. They also partnered with Smallzy’s Surgery in the evening to really connect to that teenage heartland of 1D fanatics. In each market the Casanova Street teams also rolled out to Telstra stores with their glitter and glue to encourage more entries in store.
- In June, Bauer Media announced the release of mobile apps for Australian Gourmet Traveller, TV WEEK and Rugby League Week, signifying the publisher’s commitment towards diversifying its brand footprint and providing consumers with more exciting ways to connect with their favourite magazine brands. The 3 mags speak to 3 diverse and unique markets providing consumers with customised content: when they want it and how they want it.
- Inside Out’s first monthly edition will be on sale – July. After going down to bi-monthly, it recently rose to 8 issues/year and is now back to a full 12! While fashion and food magazines are on the decline, public interest in interiors in the print realm are only growing!
- Vogue Living has reached over 1.1 MILLION social followers as of last month! This was across Facebook mainly, but also including Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr + Twitter
- The next Marie Claire @work lunch will be held on Wednesday 23rd July with two more following that in September and October (dates are yet to be confirmed). Sampling opportunities are available –ask your off screen trader for more information
- ‘The Parcel’ is a new initiative at PacMags being devised where the reader receives have five full size core products with only one product per category – (ie. one lipstick, one moisturiser, one mascara, nails, hair, fragrance, etc.). It has a retail cost to the consumer of $25 per Parcel and is a separate subscription to the magazine itself.
Girlfriend launched in September and a Spring Parcel – Spring Racing Parcel in Marie Claire launched in October.